SPE NORTHEAST SCHOLARSHIP OPPORTUNITIES
DEADLINE FOR CONFERENCE SCHOLARSHIPS - MARCH 1st
SPE Northeast would like to announce scholarship opportunities to attend the
2013 National Conference:
Celebrating 50 years of SPE Conferring Significance: Celebrating Photography's Continuum
Chicago, IL, March 7-10, 2013
This year SPE Northeast will award (1) Undergraduate, (1) Graduate, (1) Adjunct, and (1) Curator/Art Historian $500.00 each to help cover the cost of accommodations and travel to the 2013 National Conference. In order to apply, you must already be registered to attend the conference. Winners will be announced at the regional meeting on Friday March 8 at 11am in the Honore Ballroom, at the Palmer House Hotel, Chicago, IL. Those selected will be awarded the scholarships after the conference in April.
Please include the following in your application:
UNDERGRADUATES, GRADUATES, AND ADJUNCT INSTRUCTORS
5 - 10 examples of your work with an image script including Image #, title, size, medium and date. Digital files should be submitted at 72DPI, approximately 10 inches or 800 pixels at the longest dimension in JPEG format. If you are submitting video please include a link to your personal website or an alternative space online where your media can be viewed.
Please title your files with your last name_Image_#
1 - 2 writing samples including a completed research paper, catalog essay, curatorial exhibition statement, or other relevant published or unpublished material that speaks to your specialty.
- A brief 2-page resume, which includes current contact information and a link to your personal website if applicable
- A short response (no longer than 1 typed page) addressing the following questions:
1. Why is SPE important to you as a professional or student? What additional activities/opportunities would you like to see from your SPE region?
- Proof of institutional affiliation (a copy of your student or faculty identification card, business card from museum, gallery, or other organization)
· Student applicants must be currently matriculated students enrolled at a post-secondary institution as an undergraduate or graduate student majoring/concentrating in photography not graduating before the end of the academic year 2013.
· Applicants must be members of SPE or become members before submitting their scholarship application and must live in New York, Vermont, New Hampshire, Maine, Massachusetts, Rhode Island or Connecticut to apply. Visit www.spenational.org and www.spenortheast.org for more information.
· Applicants are not eligible to receive the same award for two consecutive years, and cannot receive two awards in one year.
· Applicants submitting to more than one award must submit different bodies of work.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: MARCH 1st 2013 (11:59pm)
PLEASE SEND ALL APPLICATION MATERIALS TO: email@example.com